Saturday, March 3, 2012

Archiving!

I had mentioned a while ago in an old post that, along with collecting audio and working on my books, I also intended to archive Blur's live audio, for preservation purposes as well as ease of use. After not having done much in the last several months, I spent some time today transferring more CDR audio to my hard drive and converting it to lossless flac format. As of right now, I'm about halfway through the 1995 audio, so by the end of the weekend, 1989-1995 should be completed. The crazy thing is, when I look at my boxes of Blur live CDs, I'm not even close to being halfway done, which gives you an idea of how much more they toured, especially in 1997, 1999, and 2003! Still, not only has it been fun revisiting all the stuff, but once completed, this will make it easier for me to access audio, go back and get info from shows, relisten to it, and also share some more with you, my fellow fans!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Mr Magpie, I'm BDG from the forums. My acc is inactive as I changed my email address- can you please help me activate it ??

    Blurdamongorgeous here
    Cheerio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'll notify admin...they have to take care of those things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just need your new email address to pass along to admin and you'll be all set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Drew,

    glad to hear that you audio will be archived -- would be awful if your material vanished one day... Really appreciate the effort, it's good to know the stuff is safe somewhere, even if you cannot share everything.

    Cheers,
    Liese

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Liese! You know how it is, you have to honor the wishes of some people in order to get the really good stuff. My hope is that someday I can share everything with everyone.

    ReplyDelete