Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How *YOU* Can Contribute to the 2nd Edition of Black Book

In addition to contacting me regarding any live Blur recordings you may have, as most of you know, I'm currently working on the 2nd edition of Black Book, which I'd like to have out in 2011 or 2012 at the latest. Besides the additional information and new shows added to it, I'm trying to add some interesting stuff related to their live shows, while being mindful that until I get official OK from Blur and EMI (if I ever even do) that I cannot use copyrighted material.

That's where *YOU* can come in. I've decided I'd like to *try* to include a section with pictures of tickets stubs across Blur's career. I have quite a few scans people have sent me and want to try to make this its own section at the end of the book...I think it'd be fun and informative, plus just plain cool to look at. So, if any of you have scans of ticket stubs you could send me from Blur concerts you've been to from any year, and would be willing to send me a scan to use in the book, I'd really appreciate it. I'll even put your name in the acknowledgments section.

And the same goes for any recordings you may have!

Contact me privately if you'd like to contribute!

Thanks in advance!

-Drew

5 comments:

  1. I'm afraid I possess no rarities and you've probably got a copy of this already, but on the off chance you don't I still have my ticket from Hyde Park on July 3rd last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually *don't* have a ticket scan from the 3rd, only the 2nd! Could you email it to me, with your full name so I can add your name to the thank you section? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any rarities you don't already own unfortunately but I can ask my mum to scan some of my old Blur ticket (from 97, 99 and even a private gig in 2003). That could be fun indeed.
    Thank you again for all the work you're doing. I wish all the Blur fans could cooperate more by giving you copies of their rarities to be shared to the all Blur world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audrey, scans of those tickets would be great, thanks!

    And I am going to try to post some more shows up this weekend (if I have time, it *is* Easter) otherwise, next week for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, you should have received an e-mail containing images of the July 3rd ticket!

    ReplyDelete