Thursday, December 17, 2009

TOUR REVIEW: Blur in Boston

Since this is my blog, I'm going to indulge myself in a little post detailing Blur's escapades in my city, Boston. Boston has a vibrant music scene with loads of local bands (some of which my brother used to be in) and is almost always a stop on any band's tour of the East Coast. In addition, some huge bands hail from the city (Aerosmith, Boston, The Cars, just to name a few). Below is a list of all of the times Blur has played here (available recordings are in bold type):

April 14, 1992 - WBCN Free Show, Axis
April 15, 1992 - WFNX Free Show, Venus de Milo
December 7, 1993 - Paradise Theatre
September 13, 1994 - Unknown Venue
September 15, 1994 - Venus de Milo
September 28, 1995 - Axis
February 11, 1996 - Avalon
March 7, 1997 - Middle East Downstairs
June 7, 1997 - WBCN River Rave
September 13, 1997 - Orpheum Theatre
July 18, 2003 - Avalon

You can check out Blur's 1996 show in Boston here as I've uploaded it previously. Additionally, I know of the existence of a recording of the September 13, 1997 show (including the soundcheck) and am trying to track it down. I myself was at the 2003 show and can attest to the fact that there is a large and loyal fanbase for Blur here in New England (of which Boston is the unofficial "capital" city of). It's interesting to note, too, that Blur kicked off their tours (1992) or legs of tours (1997 in March) here. They were also scheduled to play the WBCN River Rave in of 2003 (I was going to see them there as well) but they ended up being banned for life from WBCN for pulling out of the gig due to unforeseen circumstances. Damon even mentioned this at the July '03 gig I was at, rather humorously I might add. At least Blur can rest easy...WBCN went defunct this past year!

If you have any memories to share of Blur concerts you've been to in Boston, please comment and share them! And if you have any other recordings, please contact me.

2 comments:

  1. I was at the 1992 show at Venus de Milo club in Boston. A complete disaster. The band played about 1 and 1/2 songs before the club flipped the lights on and kicked them off the stage. I think they didnt come on until really late in the night (after midnight) so they were completely drunk by the time they hit the stage. Bass Player jumped on Speakers and almost fell into the crowd, and lead singer Damon was swinging from the rafters (low ceiling). After Blur was kicked off the stage, the crowd was really angry, started "fnx sucks" chant, beer bottles were being thrown at the stage. Crazy night. I was disappointed, since I was a big fan of the "Leisure" album at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW TO FIND AND RECOVER YOUR STOLEN BTC

    I’m writing to the public to provide knowledge about Recovery Masters. Look no further if you ever demand hacking services, When I lost more than $150,000 USD in bitcoin, individually I found myself in a challenging situation, I was inconsolable and believed I had reached my lowest point, I had no hope of getting my invested money back. All that changed when I discovered Recovery Master and everything was transformed. The company intervened and helped me get all my money back within a short period of time. Their services are well recommended and they ensure maximum satisfaction to their clients. for more information
    search (lost recovery masters . com)

    ReplyDelete